Document Authentication

document authentication

Document Authentication and Legalization

(Including Apostille and Embassy legalization)

In international law, legalization is the process of authenticating or certifying a legal document so a foreign country’s legal system will recognize it as with full legal effect.

Passport and Visa Online provides authentication for all documents that will be used overseas

Types of documents include, but are not limited to:

authentication and apostile
  • Corporate Documents
  • Letter of Authority
  • Company By-Laws
  • Aticles of Incorporation
  • Power of Attorney
  • Patent Applications and Trademarks
  • Diplomas
  • Transcripts
  • Letters Relating to Degrees
  • Non-Marital Status
  • References and Job Certifications
  • Papers for Adoption Purposes
  • Home Studies
  • Deeds of Assignments
  • Distributorship Agreements

Hague Convention participting countries only require Apostille services – Click Here for Participating Hague Convention Countries page. 

Non-participating Hague Convention countries require a full legalization process for all documents, including certification from the country’s consulate in which it will be used – Click Here For Non-Participating Hague Convention Countries.


If you choose to complete the Secretary of State certification, ensure you indicate the country in which the document will be used so they affix the appropriate certification.

– All Legal Documents for Personal Use – Birth, death, marriage, Divorce certificates and Divorce decrees required special handling. These documents are issued by the state, have a state seal on them, and must first be certified by the Secretary of State of the state in which they were issued. Mail your document to the appropriate Secretary of State: (Click here for a list of all of the Secretaries of States).

Powers of Attorney not written in English must have an English translation attached.

College documents require special treatment at most embassies. Due to many different requirements, please contact us before sending your document.


  1. All Seals and Signatures must be original.
  2. All documents in foreign languages must be accompanied by a notarized English translation.
  3. When the documents are ready, please send them to us for processing along with the work order.Click here to download (PDF FILLABLE FORM)

We will have the documents authenticated by the Department of State and by the Embassy of the Country in which the document will be used/sent-to.